No need to panic, we’re just having a Halloween Festival!
Friends and family,
October 30, 31, and November 1 we will be throwing the South Carolina Family Gathering, at Bonfire Fest Campground at 797 Carrick Creek Rd in Pumpkinton, SC, with plenty of Halloween fun for the whole family.
This year’s lineup has a unique diversity: whether your favorite is Jazz or Bluegrass, Funk or Soul, Hip Hop or R&B, there will be live music from your local favorites, and a few, perhaps, you haven’t heard of.
For the kiddies, a kid’s zone including trick or treating, pumpkin painting, an area for kids to sell their own crafts, face painting, bobbing for apples and all sorts of other Halloween magic. Jeff Holland will lead a drum workshop, and Dumah Morgan will be directing the kids in a group painting, as well as in a work of their own. Click here for the Kids Zone Schedule.
And for the four legged family members, SCFG is pet friendly: there will even be a pet costume contest.
We will have food vendors on site with a variety of you favorite dishes.
Tickets are $20 a night for Friday or Saturday, $10 for Sunday. Weekend passes are available for $50. Children under twelve are free, and a 25% discount is available for students with their high school or college ID.
As we know, some of our family members have tickets to Widespread Panic, but we hope that you will camp and enjoy the weekend with us, anyway. Show your Widespread ticket or stub for a 25% discount on your festival entry.
Camping is available for those who wish to stay for the weekend, and we have plenty of day parking for those who can only stay awhile.
The Family Gathering encourages fun and funky campsite decorations, and we’ll give a prize for the best campsite décor! We’re also hosting an adult costume contest, with a prize for the best costume at the Festival!
We’ll also have trick-or-treating for the kids, so bring candy if you’d like to join in the fun!
Click here for the full schedule, but here’s a list of the Bands:
Trailer Park Princess
Kami Ocean and the Rhythm
Marcus King Band
Craig Sorrels Project
Craig Cameron and Tim Ryan Ford
The Bad Popes
TJ Lazer and the New Detroits
West End String Band
West End String Band
Kelly Jo and Buffaloe
Darby Wilcox and the Peep Show
For ticket information, click here or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For craft vendor information, email email@example.com
For graphic artist information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For band and sound information, email email@example.com
What to Bring
- Camping chairs
- Flash light
- Rain gear (this is a rain or shine event!)
- Family Gathering is located in a primitive area in the woods, so come prepared and dress appropriately!
- No glass at river, in river, near river
- Be respectful of the property and pack out what you pack in
- No underage drinking. 21 is the legal drinking age in SC.
- Be mindful of other’s children.
- Be respectful of others.
- Help when you see the opportunity! This is a Family Gathering!
- Love one another!
- No fighting! (If you are involved in a fight both parties will be asked to leave)
- Camp fires are allowed. Please be sure the extinguish before leaving your campsite.
- Lost or stolen tickets cannot be replaced.
- No Refunds of any kind.
- Campers are expected to behave in a manner that is courteous to other campers.
- No amplified music.
- Vending will only be allowed by registered vendors in the designated vending areas.
- Please do not set up your tent in the roadways.
- Please place all trash in the nearest trash bin, no littering.
- No firearms or explosives of any kind.
- No drinking and driving! We have ample space for camping or sleeping in your car overnight!